Saturday, April 18, 2009

What I am Learning about House Guests

Guests, like fish, begin to smell after three days.
~Benjamin Franklin

Recently we have made some changes to my household. My brother has moved back home with Momma. I have split feelings about the move but regardless of them we are learning to readjust as a family.

My Husband has been a lot less tense lately; I don’t know if it’s the vacation he took, or the change. I have had the opportunity to watch him and Will interact more frequently. Will relishes in the extra time he is spending with Daddy. Will is starting to imitate him. I got treated to the only showing of the two of them dancing to “Can’t Touch This” G had Will telling me “It’s Hammer Time” all morning. It’s been a while since I laughed so hard.

While I love my family dearly, and I have always been willing to go far to help out the few family and friends I have. It is nice to be just us alone in our home. I had forgotten how it felt. There are two negative things about it though, first, it is much like starting all over again as we redefine our routines, and second we have to use a sitter more often.

I have learned that no matter
- How much you care for your house guests
- How long they stay with you
- What the contribute to the household
- How comfortable you are with them
A house guest causes more stress than you realize. Its impossible to know what stress your home is under until after the fact.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still laughing at the vision of Daddy and Will dancing to "Can't Tough This". I hope you got pictures. :-)

    Yes, a young family needs its own space to definite itself. Guests can be wonderful on the short term, but not necessarily in the long term.

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to Comment, I can always use support, knowledge, encouragement, laughs, or whatever you have to offer!